Algae issue, any help would be great.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have what I think is a Red Slime Algae issue, that now has some brown algae also. I tried to suck it out with my gravel cleaner, but fear I just mixed it into the sand. So about a week ago I took the advice of my LFS and just used the hose and sucked it out that way. But as you see it's back. I also added the live rock after cleaning it up last time. Also used Phosbuster pro to remove Phosphates. My perameters are:

75 gallon tank
pH-7.8
Alk-180
Sal- 1.020
Ammonia-0.00
Nitrite- 0.00
Nitrate- 20 ppm
Phosphate- Reading 0, but have heard could be a false reading...
Temp- 77

Tank has been running Approx 6-7 Months. Currently my only inhabitants are 1 Percula Clown, 1 domino damsel, 1 Azure damsel, 1 turbo grazer snail, and an African Red Star.

On a side note, about a month prior my LFS tested my water and showed a lot of phosphate, tried UltraLife Red Slime Remover prior to them testing the phosphates, obviously didn't work. So that's when they gave me the Phosbuster. Hopefully I've given you enough info.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 92
When it comes to cyano, Boyd's Chemi-clean is the ultimate weapon. I used it as a initial strike to wipe out the current cyano and then did some serious water changes to remove the released organics to prevent a repeat bloom. Haven't seen any cyano for about 8 months now.

Back
Top Bottom