Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have this Algae problem it's that long hair like kind. I have cut back to feeding once a day and doing water changes every week and it's still here. What else to do? Advice?

image-2851284444.jpg

It is sometimes more than enough. I fed my 55 reef twice a week. My fish are fat and healthy with some algae growth. I had a similar problem when this tank started up, cut back feeding and manually remove algae during water changes.

Yep. When I had this issue I was feeding daily. I cut back to twice a week, I picked wednesday and saturday to match my work schedule. I did my water changes on monday so I could mix water on sunday. Monday as I started to siphon I would rip the hair algae out and throw it into my waste water bucket. Siphoning after you pull the algae out will mimimize spores and other crap that could possibly be released. Don't pull it all at once, it'll just cause a parameter spike since all that algae is consuming the nitrates/phosphates in the tank currently. Could stress/kill fish/coral, so do so slowly.

Ok I have been picking slowly so I will cut back on feeding as well, is your tank liking good now?

Oh yeah. I still have some algae growing, but it is controlled and kept in my refugium where I want it. My build thread documents my anger and exhausting battle with hair algae pretty well. It might help if you need additional help, but those things listed are what you'll need to do to beat it. It'll just take time, took me over a month.

Ya it will be hard for me to do it right now bc I'm in college but I will have to do that. I hate the look if the algae

Back
Top Bottom