Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

All together in a 72?

I have a 72 bow front aquarium.Wondering if A Saddle puffer,Valentini Puffer,Foxface,Yellow Tang,Kole Yellow Eye Tang could get along in the same tank without promblems?

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have the same tank with a few tangs and 3 dwarf angels which arent supposed to be kept together but mine seem to get along fine. I've also had expierences with fish that are supposed to be compatable with the others and are constantly fighting. go figure

Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Choose either the valentini or saddle puffer (or chance both) and yellow tang or kole tang. The foxface will get too large imo and you'd be pushing it with both tangs together due to overall territorial space let alone all of them you listed.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I agree with James. I have a hard time putting a puffer in a 65, from some of the ones I have seen in the LFS, but you have pick the smaller ones. I would go with only one.
Tangs, I don't know too much about and James would be better at steering in the right direction.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
I agree with James. I have a hard time putting a puffer in a 65, from some of the ones I have seen in the LFS, but you have pick the smaller ones. I would go with only one.
Tangs, I don't know too much about and James would be better at steering in the right direction.
I am going to get a Valentini Puffer but for the foxface still getting him and a yellow tang.A Valentini Puffer is a carnivore but it only gets 4 inches so could i get some shrimp and he not eat it?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

You can try and I would start with cleaner shrimp since they are seen for their abilities rather than food at times, but they may heavily pick at them if not consume eventually. I have an Arothron puffer that does not eat live shrimp and only picks at snail siphons because it finds them interesting.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com