Almost there...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbie32590

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello again, I've been bouncing around LFS's around town pricing out sand, RO/DI water test kits etc., and I'm getting closer to adding my first fish after i cycle the tank of course. Which brings me to my next point, i read the article on here about how to cycle and it was very informative, but should I run my filter during this? I have a whisper 20 on my 20 gallon long. I wasn't sure so thought I'd ask y'all. Here's a picture of the Aquascaping I've got going on. the rock is all local I got from the beach or inter coastal river (which is salt). its been in my yard for years and i just remembered I had it. so I soaked it in regular tap water for a day and took a toothbrush to it got the dirt n grime off. There's also a big shell that i think is pretty neat.
img_1152252_0_28063cea4b86370b07aa50106a47ab67.jpg

You can run your filter during your cycle, it'll be fine. The setup looks good, just a quick question about the rock, you said you had it in your yard for years, have you ever used pesticides on your lawn? If you have, I would ditch the rock pronto. Pesticides are very poisonous to fish. I'd hate to see you cycle it up, go out and spend cash only to find your new buddy floating at the surface the next day.

OK Thanks. That's a good question but no it hasn't been around any of that so it should be fine, but if anything pops up out of the ordinary ill know where to begin.

Back
Top Bottom