Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry to hear your having troubles, take things slow for now and try and figure out what the problem is and work on a cure. Add no other fish to the tank until things are under control.
I'm no expert on fish disease, but I would say you may have some type of bacteria problem.
what type of water are you using? tap, ro, ro/di.. I'll let some others who may have more experience with illness jump in. I would think about running a UV light if you have one or can borrow one.
the tank set up sound good so you are doing well on that end. Salifert test kits are easy to use and IMO are some of the best.

9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
The cardinal has a bacterial infection and the tang has ick. You probably should Quantine them and treat

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
oooooo looks like a nasy case of ich all over head to tail. if you have a qt take them out and zap it with copper in the qt look up steve-s he has a good post a few weeks ago about the same problem. and just to let you know their are sides of this some wont use copper and some will. i just found that copper kicks it for good and then you need to keep the tank complete steady cause purple tangs get laterial line and ich extremly easy from bad tank conditions and poor feeding. so copper, keep tank steady!!!, and feed plunty of greens and soak the food with garlic and selcon i battled ich for two months until i kicked its butt and a year later i still have not had a lick of problems with my tangs
hope that helps

flame82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com