ammonia levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmilnik

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys I am on my 3rd day of cycling and my ammonia is at 2.0 does this sound right?

Detectible NH3 is a good sign you are on your way. As far as the actual reading...it depends on how you are cycling your tank and what your NO2 and NO3 levels are.

The hardest part about cycling a tank is WAITING. You look at the test kists every day, sometimes twice a day and try to see even the smallest chagne in color to tell you that your cycle is moving.

If you are using the raw shrimp method, I would resist the urge and check the test kits about every other day, maybe even every third day in weeks 1 - 3, then every day starting in week 4.

At least then you won't keep bothering your wife to ask her what color the tube best matches up on.

"At least then you won't keep bothering your wife to ask her what color the tube best matches up on."

Thats really funny because I did do that haha. And she gets really annoyed when ever I talk about it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom