Amount of food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. I just added 2 fish in my 55 FOWLR. So my stocking is:
2 mocha clowns
1 algae blenny
1 clown goby
1 tiger goby
1 6 line wrasse
1 anthias

I got a package of frozen brine shrimp. I put 1 thawed out cube in there tonight and it seemed like an awful lot of food...? What is around the right amount? I've been feeding them Ocean Nutrition Formula Two up til now. Should I also alternate between these foods or maybe do some of each during feedings? Any help is great thanks!

As much as they can consume in 2 minutes.. Overfeeding will lead to some stubborn water quality problens

Should I also alternate between these foods or maybe do some of each during feedings? Any help is great thanks!

Variety is always a good thing. I alternate between between Frozen Mysis, vitamin fortified brine, Flake and small pellets. Fish like a variety then being fed the dame thing all the time. Also make sure that your brine is vitamin fortified as regular frozen brine has no nutrional value. Good luck with your tank.

I feed a large variety of foods and the fish are all very healthy. You definitly overfed those fish... Thats alot of nano fish, i would only feed 1/2 a cube. I feed a whole cube because i have a few fish that are bigg eaters. Lol

melosu58 said:
Variety is always a good thing. I alternate between between Frozen Mysis, vitamin fortified brine, Flake and small pellets. Fish like a variety then being fed the dame thing all the time. Also make sure that your brine is vitamin fortified as regular frozen brine has no nutrional value. Good luck with your tank.

Same nutritional value as mysis?

Also are supposed to thaw the frozen brine out or just toss the cube right in the tank??

Also are supposed to thaw the frozen brine out or just toss the cube right in the tank??

I usually take a small glass, put a small amount of tank water in it, drop a cube & let it melt, then I spoon it into each of my tanks that way I can see who's eating & how much is getting eaten & I lessen the amount of wasted food.

Back
Top Bottom