Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #41
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

As for doing the sand I would just use a coffee cup so you get as little dust as possible,
I don't have arthritis, but do know what your going through , I have neuropathy in both my legs and arms , I also have no use of my lower left arm , cancer hit me hard
but I still try to manage

Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
As for doing the sand I would just use a coffee cup so you get as little dust as possible,
I don't have arthritis, but do know what your going through , I have neuropathy in both my legs and arms , I also have no use of my lower left arm , cancer hit me hard
but I still try to manage
Thanks for the advice! I'll try that in the morning if I feel better.

I'm so sorry about your condition.... It's rough at times with limited mobility in one's joints. I'very been dealing with "unexplained" pains and locking knees since my mid- 20s. I'm 44 now and, last year in October, I was diagnosed and treated for fibromyalgia until my new insurance kicked in this year and I saw a rheumatologist. He requested some more specialized tests and the markers for RA finally popped up. I finally had the answer to so many years of pains.... As you said- we can only try to manage!

1 blue- green Chromis, 2 bi- colored Chromis, 3 black and white Oscellaris clownfish, 1 orange and white Oscellaris clownfish, 1 Banggai cardinalfish, 11 Turban snails (1 died), 6 hermit crabs, 3 peppermint shrimp, and lots of love....
lgdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Regular

It looks like I have brown hair algae. Two of my rocks are like this.... Does this mean that I am ready for reef cleaners?

BTW- Happy Thanksgiving Day! I'll post other pics later. Gotta go to our best friend's house for today's gathering.
1 blue- green Chromis, 2 bi- colored Chromis, 3 black and white Oscellaris clownfish, 1 orange and white Oscellaris clownfish, 1 Banggai cardinalfish, 11 Turban snails (1 died), 6 hermit crabs, 3 peppermint shrimp, and lots of love....
Old 11-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Regular

Getting a clean up crew today....
Old 11-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Regular

Got some inverts today and 2 clownfish! I'll post some pics tomorrow; I'm aiming for the morning.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here is part of the cleanup crew....

What do we have here.... It's a balancing act!

I couldn't resist the peppermint shrimp....

Now you see the gunk....

Now you don't!

Old 12-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Regular

I LOVE my tank and everything about it! Here are my clown fish.... I am in awe with this world!!! Next on my list is to get the back for the tank. I want it to be black.... Meanwhile, my first water change will be tomorrow when my hubby comes home. All else is well--- thank God!

Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know shrimp don't do well in new tanks. But I hope it thrives!
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyfishies View Post
I know shrimp don't do well in new tanks. But I hope it thrives!
Thanks!!! I hope so, too! They are so cute....
Old 12-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #50
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

not used to seeing jugs in saltwater but , they look cool
I kept shrimp from day 1 as long as you keep up on water changes should be fine
I love the tiny hermits as they add life

Tags
fin, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com