Anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuckles23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had an anemone for one week(first one). Just tested water:
29 gals
live sand
PH 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate right about .5-1
Salt 1.023
temp 79.

Heres the issue: After a successful first feeding, The anemone cannot eat. The clowns take it and run. I have tried chasing away the fish, feeding the fish at the opposite end of the tank. They just move in and take his food. This is the ONLY time they go into him. The 2 clowns have a conk shell they live in and, they dont have much interest in him. EXCEPT at feeding time. What to do? tonight, he looks stressed, he is about 2/3 his normal size, and about 20 of his tentacles are deflated. is this because he is hungry? stressed out? Do they just go through phases like this? He has never moved one inch since I got him. Should i move him somewhere else in the tank? Any help is appreciated.

Let him stay where he is. What are you feeding him and what type and size is it?

It is a bubble tip, about the size of a tennis ball? I fed him a 1/4 inch piece of silver the other day.. 2 days later a 1/4 inch piece of shrimp. He ate both days with no issues. but now the clowns hover when they see me feeding him.

Feed the anenome when you feed the fish. The clowns will be too busy eating. Also I would only feed the anenome twice a week at the most.

My RBTA only feeds when I feed my Fish/ To Me Silver Sides aren't the best source for food they'll spit out whatever they don't eat anyways which will cause a spike in Phosphates. I would just feed it normal it will get it's food... Just make sure your providing enough current and lighting.

clowns are messy feeders by nature and some food will get into the anemoe that way. Feed (the tank) a good variaty of food and you should be okay.
TC

Back
Top Bottom