Anemone Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susie Q

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know how a Curly Q Anemone reproduce? Do they reproduce from spores if a it gets injured or what? :invasion:

Anemones reproduce sexually (release of eggs and sperm into water column where they fertilize) and asexually (splitting, budding, *lacerations).

*Possibility depending on how the pedal is lacerated?...

The reason I'm asking is I brought a snail and a hermit crab out of a tank that had condys and curly qs in it. and the sides of the tank had small white dots on it. The guy who got them out for me scrapped some off the tank wall and put them in with my snail. There were about 12 of them and they crawled along the bag. This was about a month and a half. now there's 45 little white dots that have placed themselves right in the flow of the current of one of my powerheads. I tried to take a picture but they are too small, it looks like a white blur.

Do marine snail eggs look like freshwater snail eggs?

I went to the lfs today and the white spots in his tanks are about 1 1/2 times bigger than the ones he gave me. They are baby feather dusters. My last count was 57 so hopefully I'll have a few live.

Back
Top Bottom