Angel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyDoll

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I am in love with angel fishes basically. I already have a coral beauty angelfish, and I would like to get another angelfish. Since all my fish are in quarantine tanks I was wondering if I could also get a singapore angel and put them in at the same time. I have a 75 gallon tank. I have seen other 75 gallon systems with more than one angelfish. Since they are both dwarf angelfish, will there be a problem if I put them in at the same time? Also if there is will there be a problem if I get two so there is an odd number of them, because I read odd numbers are better than even with angels. Is a 75 aquarium too small for three angels? I ask this because I lost my bicolor blenny and 2 chromis when i first moved all my fish and I am debating on what fish I should purchase before adding all my fish in. Advice needed:confused:

They should be fine though it's never a guarantee. Never heard the odd number thing w/ d-angels.

BTW: When the new angel(s) go in the QT the clock needs to reset to 0 and start over.

Good luck

Ya I heard its a 50 50 chance with angels, and I think I was told that 3 angels are better because then you have an odd number least likely chance with one being a bully and the other being the bullied, that's what I've heard anyways, I could be wrong. Should I quarantine the new angel/angels for 8 weeks also? Is it ok if I get 2 new ones...maybe I'm pushing my luck but is 75 gallon to small? I'd love to get a big angel but it'd be cruel in my 75g.

IMO: Size-wise 3 would be fine. Yes, your QT clock starts over when you add anything new if you are adding them to the same QT tank

Well I wasn't going to put the new fish in with the already quarantined fish, because I have an extra quarantine tank that I was going to use. I'd hate to keep my coral beauty in another 8 weeks, after it already did its time. Do you think it would be ok if i added my two new angels after I put my coral beauty back in?

I`m a little concerned about 3 different angels in a 75. There could be some scraping going on.

Ok, do you think two would be better or worse..or should I just forget the idea?

Also, if anyone would recommend a certain type of angelfish, that would be great!

A coral beauty and maybe a flame angel. I`m thinking those two maybe but as mentioned above there is no guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom