angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
i'm having a hard time deciding on the choice of angels for my 90 gal fo
flame angel
or
coral beauty

my lfs said in my 90 they wont fight if i introu=duce them atathe same time

what do u think ?
thanks

Either would be a great choice depending on other occupants. Together it might be a gamble. Last I checked flames are relatively expensive even for SW if you want to risk it. Personally, I would go with one or the other. Since I have a Coral Beauty I think you know my choice.

Good Luck,

IMO I wouldnt put both. Especially in a FO tank, I could see you trying to get away with it in a FOWLR but thats only if your very lucky. They will fight until one of them kills the other.

Both the CB and Flame are beautiful fish

I recently added the CB over the Flame just cause I've heard it was a safer bet with corals than the Flame.

The Coral Beauty is a great fish.

My LFS sells CB's for 30 and flame's are about 50

Good luck

Although I love my CB, if I could have gotten a flame for 29.99, I'd have ended up with one of them instead. Where I shop it's 30 for a CB and about twice that for a flame.

Wow. And I always complain about driving the 20 minutes to just get to this fishstore. Sorry guys but if you ever come to NY let me know i'll give you the secret location to get 29.99 flame angles. :lol:

They seem to float between $54 (Capitol Aq - expensive store - and they all seem to have popeye or other diseases) and $34 (O Street, when they have them, although the one in the coral tank looks nice, too bad hes not for sale :)).

Wow, great deals for Flames. Around WI CB run $20-35 and Flames are $40-75 depending on LFS, size and sales.

I really like my Potter's Angel, and it has become much more social recently. It really enjoys getting cleaned by my cleaner shrimp, and nipping at the algae on the live rock.

My concern is that it does not eat the prepared foods that my other fish, 2 clowns and a racoon butterflyfish, eat. The Potter's is plump looking, and appears healthy, is there enough algae in my 2 year old 55 FOWLR to support a 3 inch long angelfish?

The Potter's is lively, and I have not noticed and appreciable difference in appearance since I brought it home almost 2 weeks ago. Nothing about the fish suggests that it is unhealthy or hungry in any way, should I worry?

No idea on the algea without knowing how your tank is set up or seeing it, but I would think so. Did you see it eat at the LFS an what was the LFS feeding? What prepared foods are you using?

All my fish including my CB eagerly take a vegi based product called green lifeline. Having had it only two weeks you may need to just be patient and keep an eye on it.

I wouldnt put 2 in a 55. Chances are they will fight,
too small a tank IMO

I wouldnt put 2 in a 55. Chances are they will fight,
too small a tank IMO

My vote is CB. Mine is a doll. :)
Eats a good amount of algae in my tank and just about anything I offer. Good fish!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom