Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Angels and sponge in food?

Hey Andy Sager (or anyone else), what is the best food out there to get Angels their sponge? I've always heard they do better with some of that in their diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Hey Andy Sager (or anyone else), what is the best food out there to get Angels their sponge? I've always heard they do better with some of that in their diet.

HEY The TODD and anyone else reading this , I used to keep finger sponge in with my Angels and they seemed to go for it. It comes in reds and oranges so you may want to try some of each to see if yours prefers one type over another.
We used to get ours from collectors but many of our customers would grow them in their tanks then just harvest a branch every so often to plant into the fish tank for them to eat. Since the sponge would regrow from the main branch, it was like a constant food source.
If you cannot get live finger sponge where you are at, there used to be a frozen food prepared for specifically for Angels and other fish that contained pieces of sponge in it already. So you should be able to get sponge into their diet without too much effort.

Hope this helps

Old 08-25-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks Andy! 😀 I was just singling you out initially since you've given advice on Angels in the past. I think my coral connection guy just broke down a tank and mentioned sponges, so I will have to see what he has.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com