Angler fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed mine table shrimp,scallops,krill and chromis(about 4-5 a month)..
Feed every other day..
What kind do you have?

Not sure it's an assorted angler I got offline.
How do u get urs to take food?

If you use a clear stick( like those for under ground filters) all they see is the food not the stick.

I put a few shrimp in with him but he has touched them at all.....is it just because he's new that he's not eating?

Holy crap i have never seen somthing like this!!!! Its face looks like a person!! How big is it??? How bigs the tank??? Im flippin out right now..

Stress may make him take a while to regain his appetite. Try feeding every other day. If he won't take frozen food you may have to try live food. Depending on his size I would try Thawed Krill or Silversides first then small to large live feeder Guppies as a last resort.

Please do not use feeder guppies or goldfish :nono:,,
Buy some ghost shrimps or chromis/damsels like i do...How long have you had it?
Anything under 2 weeks i wouldn't worry yet ,or even expect it to eat from a stick..This is my second one..Had this one about a year,,before this one i had another species, a sargassum,,he died in a rock slide ,got squished :(
I took the same approach to feeding with both...They both ate frozen from a straw in under a week...Key is to get them used to the stick/straw IMO..Good luck comb

I won't give any of my saltwater fish or any fish goldfish or guppies. To risky if there sick or anything like thAt. I've had him for about five days now and I just took some clear straws and scallops from work and he ate it right away so I know what to give him.....and never thought to use damsels as a food! Good idea

Back
Top Bottom