Another chromis probelem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 75 gallon just recently cycled so I bought a green chromis. I have had in the tank for about 3-4 days now and it is still hiding in the rocks. I have seen it come out and swim a couple times a day. At one point it was out for about 30 minutes. How long does it take to become comfortable in a tank? None of my other fish in other tanks have been like this.

Hi, Don't quote me, but I believe the chromis are schooling fish and most people have 3 of them in the tank together. Most schooling fish do not do well by themselves. (at least that's what I've been told)

I bought 3 chromis about 2 weeks ago and lastnight was the first time I they came to the surface went I am feeding. Normally when I approach the tank they would hide behind the rocks. They are shy fish in my opinion.

I would consider my chromis experience extensive lol. I had five a while back and they were cool for about 2 months. They then started picking each other off 1 by 1. When there was only one left he lived about a week. This time I tried just one for obvious reasons. He was looking good just really shy and hiding. Today when I got home from the LFS after a perfect water test he was dead. Anyway this was within 7 days so I got a credit for him. I decided to put my clown in the tank and he is doing as good as ever so far. I thought the chromis was a hardy fish but I have heard of many stories like mine. I really want to have at least one so I guess I'll give the clown a while in there and try it again.

i loved my chromis fish they were the best color out of the other damsels i had. i had 2 gold damsels, 2 four stripes, 2 yellow tail and 2 green chromis. the chromis i had were friends for ever they never fought each other and would help one another when the more dominate gold damsels would pick on them. the only problem i had was that the chromis liked to hover above my goby which pissed him off bad lol. as for feeding they were up there front and center a few days after id suggest getting another one so they are a pair

Back
Top Bottom