Antennata or Zebra??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toughguy1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. It's been a while since my last post, but I wanted to ask which lion fish ya'll thought I should get. I have a 55 gal., fish only tank with the following fish:

3" spiny box puffer
2" yellow tail damsel
2.5" Valentini puffer
3.5" Fox face
3" tomato clown
medium sized atlantic anemone

I really want to get a dwarf lion fish, and then stop adding fish. Liveaquaria.com has the Antennata and Zebra, and specify a maximum adult size of 7" for each. I would be buying a small one (2"). I know the puffers can nip, but I have never seen mine nip at any other fish. They keep to themselves. The damsel may become lion food over time, so I may move him out.

As far as the lion goes, which is more hardy, easier to feed, prettier (in your opinion), and better suited for my tank?

Well, to start off, that box puffer and foxface will need at least a 70G tank. A loinfish likes to hang in one place, the puffers would probably find it entertaining to nip the loin's fins. Anything the loin can fit in his mouth would be considered a meal, and they can open their mouths really wide.
I would suggest removing the puffers and foxface, if you want to add a loin. Personally, I like the Antennata Lionfish.

Back
Top Bottom