Any help would be great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discuss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a question and would love feedback from experienced AA members :) .. So I currently have a 180g freshwater and I was looking to do a smaller saltwater setup. Iv never done saltwater before. So I have a friend who has a 90g with the following... Glass tank with one overflow, stand, canopy, - Oceanic Model 1 20 gallon reef sump with mechanical filtration, Pentair Aquatics UV Sterilizer, Pro Clear Aquatics Protein Skimmer, Marineland T5 HO fixture, Supreme Classic Magnetic Drive pump, 2 power heads and a heater. So he said I can have it all for $350. Like I said iv never done saltwater but is this a good deal? Would I need anything else? Or should I not pass this up? Sorry for such a long post.

Yeah sounds like a good deal! Better than the one I got for my 90 and definitely Alot cheaper than new haha. I'd get it! Sounds like a great reef setup :)

Thanks! Does it sound like I would need anything else? Am I saving enough to just buy it even though I might not set it up right away?

Well.... That's all the equipment you'd need unless you want an rodi unit so you don't have tonbuy your water.

You'll still have to buy sand, liverock, and stuff to stock the tank.

But still. All that's stuff for that price is a good deal.

Well.... That's all the equipment you'd need unless you want an rodi unit so you don't have tonbuy your water.

You'll still have to buy sand, liverock, and stuff to stock the tank.

But still. All that's stuff for that price is a good deal.

Agreed however I would not use a sump with mechanical filtration. But maybe I'm misunderstanding. Normaly mechanical filtration other then a skimmer = nitrate factory.

Thanks for the help! Now I have to convince my girlfriend that this is a good deal!! :) lol

Yeah. Take out the mechanical filtration and maybe make that section into a refugium. Also idk about running a uv sterilizer AND a skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom