Any tips to de-attach an anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
As you can see, the green star polyps close to the anemone wont open due to the anemone's tentacles. Any idea how to separate them?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415953032.978227.jpg

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

Put a power head aimed directly at it. Should detach and move.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

if the anemone is happy dont move it. frag the gsp or let it get stung, GSP is pretty invasive anyways and the nem could keep it in check.

Put a power head aimed directly at it. Should detach and move.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The power head is in there for more than 3 hours with a little progress.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

if the anemone is happy dont move it. frag the gsp or let it get stung, GSP is pretty invasive anyways and the nem could keep it in check.

Well, the anemone looks happy but he is facing down that when the light is on he stretch his leg to get some light. So am thinking it is better for him to be in a place where he gets direct contact with the light.

========

Well, the anemone looks happy but he is facing down that when the light is on he stretch his leg to get some light. So am thinking it is better for him to be in a place where he gets direct contact with the light.

========

the anemone will move where he wants, its not a coral its an invert and can move very well on its own. How old is your tank, maybe it is not mature enough for a nem yet?

the anemone will move where he wants, its not a coral its an invert and can move very well on its own. How old is your tank, maybe it is not mature enough for a nem yet?

Recently knew that he is like an animal lol. I was going for GSP but the anemone was attached to the rock so took him for a good price. The tank is 5 months old. May I ask how would you know if the tank is ready to start introducing the corals and inverts?

========

Recently knew that he is like an animal lol. I was going for GSP but the anemone was attached to the rock so took him for a good price. The tank is 5 months old. May I ask how would you know if the tank is ready to start introducing the corals and inverts?

========

usually it takes a year for a tank to be ready for a nem, the nem requires intense lighting and perfect water params.

usually it takes a year for a tank to be ready for a nem, the nem requires intense lighting and perfect water params.

Well, I read this in many places that I should wait at least a year before introducing any anemone to the tank. But when I read that, I already have two anemone. Actually one of them was bleached when I purchased him and he is recovering now.

See this picture.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415983977.977547.jpg

This is over two months now. I think am doing good so far unless there is something am not aware of.

========

whats your lighting and parameters.

Am using 4 of 54w/ t5 and 2 metal halide. The blue starts at 6pm to 12am and the white is on from 7pm to 11 am. But am increasing the blue to be on for 12 hours. So I started to increase the period gradually since two weeks. Starting from 12 pm and increasing 30min every two days.

According to the results of API test everything is 0 ( planing to get Hanna testing for better results)

========

Back
Top Bottom