anyone hate their live rock purchase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i ready to buy some live rock
i have looked at a couple places but the two i am in a toss up with is
Liverocks.com and tampabaysaltwater.com i am very skeptical to buy for one thing it will be expensive, what if it comes all dead, the pictures i have seen all look real nice and the testimonials all good alright so i just don't want to regret it or think oh my god that is horrible i shoul'nt have bought it
oh i checked liveaquaria.com to but that didn't look to good to me
i want nice nice rock with lots of growth and colors
so is one of the two places LR.com or TBS.com the better places to get it
if anyone knows of somewhere else that is good could you please inform

I ordered all my LR from liveaquaria.com and it was "ok". It looks good now. Coralline has taken hold of the rock. But it didn't look that great at first. I would go with liverocks.com if I had to order LR again.

I ordered all mine from Liverocks.com and haven't looked back since.. Full of color and full of life.. You can look in the sponsor forum and see some pics of my actual rock..

James

liverocks.com is getting a order from me for 90 pounds of rock and 55 pounds of live sand ! 30 pounds of base and 30 gulf and 30 of the other they have... The dead stuff from other places where you need to cure it is more expensive in the long run with all the water changes you MUST DO ! 100% water change once a day for 2 weeks? NO THANKS

weel i got mine from liveaquaria.com and it did not look all that good at first but afte i cycled it and got my lighing on it it looks a lot better then when i got it. the corallin has grown a lot since i got the light on it. i would order from them again. also i did not get that many. hitchhikers on my rock. not shrimp or any animla like that. or if i did i still have not seen it. but there was a ton of softies growing when i put it in. when i make my nexted order i will probally make it from liverock.com. i have heard some much good stuff about his rock that i have to see it. ut i would aklso order from liveaquaria.com again too. hope that helps

In the foreground (bottom) is some base rock that was close to pure white last March. Just above that is some Fiji rock. On the top is what I just added last Saturday from liverocks.com.

Just give it time, light and good water quality...

I found a crack in the bottom of my brand new 80gal tonght. Glad I found it before Tuesday when I'll be getting my order from Liverocks.com. It would be a bad thing if I had to leave the LR out that much longer.

I'll be getting 80lbs of LR and 30lbs of LS.

liveaquaria.com rock will have been out of the water for MUCH longer than rock from liverocks.com or tampabaysaltwater.com. Both TB.com and LR.com have aquaculture leases in the keys and off the FL coast. Both of this rock could be consitered fairly equivlent when it comes to quality. The only real thing that would affect it is the lenght of time in the ocean.

The rock you get from any mailorder place is going to be cheaper than if you got the rock locally.

there is no good place around me to get the rock
i haven't ordered it yet today i will but i'm afraid this horribly cloudy water that won't go away might hurt it but i think i read here that you say it won't
the cloud settles but there is a film on the glass so i try to clean it
well guess what cloudy water again! maybe i should wait a couple days to order
you guys also said that the rock may help the cloud go away?

is a maxi-jet 400 powerhead to big or not enough for a 20long tank

Back
Top Bottom