Anyone know???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibb72

Aquarium Advice Regular
Found this growing on my live rock the other day, I don't know what it is. It looks like a white plant of some kind with long fingers on it

Attachments

• tank 004.jpg
    tank 004.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 82
  • tank 003.jpg
    tank 003.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 93
Hard to see on my phone but looks like either Aptasia or Manjano anemone. If so its a pest & should be removed.

Looks like Aptasia!

I had one growing out of my rock. I took the rock out and wiped it off with a cloth. Never seen another one since.

Peppermint Shrimp are suppose to eat Aptasia as well. If you don't have anything in your tank that will eat them, I would say get a few. If you don't want to take the rock out. I bought two, but they never ate it. So it's a hit or miss with them. My Puffer took care of the lazy shrimp. :p

I used AptasiaX with a little injection needle in the pack. Very cathartic

I just put a flashlight on it and it went back into the rock any idea????

I'd have to agree on aptasia, personally I would remove that individual rock, let it dry for a few days, then rinse it off and put it back. Don't get peppermint shrimp just for the sole purpose of eating pest corals. 1) they are hit and miss with effectively eliminating aptasia and 2) they arent guaranteed to always eat it.

Back
Top Bottom