aptasia delima

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance75

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 215 gallon tank starts to show some aptasia. I bought some peppermint shrimps but my lunar wrasse ate them all. I also tried aptasia X, but it came back a week later. My question is what else can I do besides getting rid of my wrasse. He is my first fish in this tank.

Try again with the Aiptasia X! I used it for my tank and knocked them DEAD in minutes. You got to make sure that you get them all. Don't hasitate to use a generous amount for each little problem. I was worried about my fish eating the stuff, because when I did it they were eating the left over amount. I read online and from the most I can gather it's just like Alcohol to them, it won't kill them just make them loopy. I don't know if that's true, but the important thing is it won't kill them.

So apply generously, and you got to turn your filters off and skimmer off for at least a few hours.

Couple of hours? I guess the direction on the box is not good. I just turn off the power head for 15 mins. Didn't know i have to turn off the skimmer too

Also you got to make sure they wrap themselves over the needle head. Kind of like your feeding them..

I stabbed the needle deep into the body and filled that sucker up. Then I covered him in a mushroom cap of the stuff.

Poof! Gone.

Ive had good luck with picklin lime from your local store.. ph is so high kills it from the inside out and will not hurt your tank. Hope this helps!

I'm gonna order some more aptasia X and try it again with the new suggestions and see thx

You're supposed to go through the stem, not through the whole thing. Made that mistake and only a portion of it died. Grew back though. Filefish are risky with corals. Didn't know if you had them or not. Last resort solution. Good luck :)

I decided and bought a file fish. So far, I haven't see it eating any aptasia. It only eats the mysis shrimps that i fed other fishes

Back
Top Bottom