Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Aqua C Remora

Hello to all,,
Can anyone tell where is a good place to purchase the Aqua C Remora skimmer? I don't recall seeing it online at Big Al's.? Also.. would the Aqua C and a HOB filter be sufficiant for a 55 gallon FOWLR or should I get a Magnum 350 cannister in place of the HOB. In addition I have already purchased 2 maxi-jet 1200 to use also.

Thank you for your time and suggestions!

Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I would suggest one of our sponsors. Depending on the amount of live rock in the tank and how much you stock the tank with fish all you will need would be the remora and the rock. If you have less than 60lbs of rock then I would avocate some form of suplmental filtration.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jaiden
marinedepot.com has them for 163 with the maxi 1200

You should do LR/LS with a good skimmer and skip the canister/hob filter

Red tiger lilly, Rotala Indica, Sagittaria Subulata, Micro Sword, Cardinal Plant
Fluorite Black sand and gravel
jaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:21 PM   #4

I offer them. You also save 6% with coupon code AQUARIUMADVICE I am 1 day UPS from you.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:44 PM   #5

i plan on using live sand with live rock. But why is it that you guys feel that a HOB or a cannister isn't needed? I thought that I needed plenty more filteration. I'm not questioning anyones knowledge,, just asking for my own knowing.

thanks again for your suggestions and kindness!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I hold to the school of thought where you stock your tank lightly. THerefor if you do stock your tank lightly you dont need a ton of mechanical filtration to just trap nitrates.

A 55 gal tank with just 3-4 fish that are medium size and with 60-75lbs of live rock and a DSB and a quality skimmer like the remora and doing biweekly water changes is all you need.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:45 AM   #7
la9

I ordered mine from Logan at captiveraisedcorals. He had to order it in special but gave me an estimated time frame of when I would get it, which turned out to be accurate. He also kept me informed through email of the status throughout the whole process. That's my experience.

I have a new tank so It's not producing foam yet but from the amount of bubbles it is creating I'd have to say the Remora skimmer is worth the money.

Hope this helps
Old 11-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #8
la9

Just thought I'd update you. I received my live rock Friday and the Remora is putting out nice dry foam. If I had it to do over I'd buy this skimmer again.

Hope this helps.

Tags
remora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com