Aqua Medic Turbofloter T1000 protein skimmer ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelson4u

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any experience or advice on this skimmer ? I have heard it can be a pain to adjust or do maintenance. Anyone have one ? I am trying to decide between this and the Red Sea Berlin Classic.
Thanks for any input,
MIKE

Sorry about the double post. I hit the back button. I'm not sure how to delete the second post ?

I have one and have been happy from day one. i read the same thing about being a pain to adjust, false, I am using Rio 1100 for the skimmer and a Maxi-jet 600 for the incoming water, works like a charm.

The only thing that I dont like is that it dosent have a drain hole in the cup so it can drain into a bigger, separate container.

HTH

GrndHog said:
I have one and have been happy from day one. i read the same thing about being a pain to adjust, false, I am using Rio 1100 for the skimmer and a Maxi-jet 600 for the incoming water, works like a charm.

The only thing that I dont like is that it dosent have a drain hole in the cup so it can drain into a bigger, separate container.

HTH

Grndhog, Does the skimmer or Rio 1100 make noise in the sump ? I am putting this 140 gal. tank in my home theater room and need it to be very quiet. Also would it be possible to drill a hole in bottom of cup to drain into a separate container ? MIKE

To me its quiet, I have mine sitting in my sump which is made out of 100qt igloo cooler.

I purchased mine from marinedepot.com, they offer another pump to go w/ the skimmer, I would go w/ the better pump.

It would probably be possible to drill a hole and then add a grommet and a tube, you try it first :D

I have mine on a 150gal

Grndhog, How often do you need to empty the cup ? Is your tank FOWLR ? Mine will be and is 140 gal. MIKE

I empty mine once a week, and I have 140lbs of LR, 1 Tang, and 3 frags. After about 5-6 days the cup is half full.

Oh, the pump is a 2100 not a 1100

Back
Top Bottom