AquaTricia 40 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wrong with the brand it was Hikari
42031371.jpg

I started to buy all my frozen foods online as it's cheaper in bulk the more you buy the cheaper it gets , I found 2 local reefers to go in on it with me ,
between us we got 40 packs @ $2.49 a pack in store its like $5.99 a pack
you need to talk to a rep to get discount as the online order form don't take it off
Frozen Fish Food for Sale Online | PetSolutions

Box of 12 is $10 at wholesale :) feeding fish is cheap haha

I buy a lot of Hikari foods. Don't know any other reefers, so I've been buying what the store has. Checked Live Aquaria for their prices, but shipping what little I need is prohibitive. I will call around here and see if I can find the clams for my little puffer.

I went to hikari site thinking maybe find better deals
now this really confused me if I would have ordered everything I did direct from hikari it would of cost more go figure, shipping was more also

Wouldn't doubt it. All about money.
I have a question. The clams you were mentioning for the puffer. Do I just thaw one and put it in the tank? Sorry for the stupid question.:facepalm:

I just break one out of the tray and put it in center of tank it thaws in seconds , almost all the fish enjoy it but you can tell puffer does too as he pushes it in to a small crevice in the rock were he munches on it , he loves grinding his teeth on the shell too almost sounds like someone running there finger nails down chalk board

Ok. Got it. Thanks for the info. Fingernails down the chalkboard doesn't sound like fun, but at least I know the little guy will get fed well.

BTW, the water in the tank is milky. Bacterial bloom? Going on for 3 days. Anything I need to do? Can I keep feeding?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

make sure your skimmer is working properly , maybe even run some carbon , and a few water changes over next few days couldn't hurt , I would lighten up feedings also and keep lights on less

All right. Skimmer is running fine. Didn't feed today. Lowering lights. Will do another water change. Just did one 48 hours ago, but wouldn't hurt to do another. Was running carbon, but pulled it last night to see if it helped. Will put some back in tomorrow if it hasn't cleared. Appreciate the help.

OK. Once and for all, I'm going to ask a question that many of you will think is dumb. When setting up my tank, I used a live sand product that is very light. When I vacuum the sand to get detrius, etc. I lose a lot of sand. What is the proper way of handling this situation?

so why is this question dumb ,

I don't vacuum the sand , but when doing water changes but I do run my fingers lightly through the sand like a rake , this lets what ever crud there is float into the water column and I just suck it out, no sand just crud

Back
Top Bottom