AquaTricia 40 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long can a 2" Valentini Puffer go without clams and will he eat other food in the interim? I haven't been able to see him eat, and I use a turkey baster for the blenny, but the puffer swims away from it like he's afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

my guy eats the little tiny pellets , frozen myssis , he also likes snails and hermits , but he drools over the clams and mussels , I find it easier to hand feed him clams with tweezers
thats the only way to keep the other fish from stealing his food , but he eats about anything he can find in-between meals

I just fed a mix of Cyclops, Prime Reef, Marine Algae and Mysis. He seemed to ignore everything. Maybe he's sneaking food that falls behind the rocks. Maybe he likes to eat in private. He looks ok though. Water still slightly milky. Doing everything you said to do.

Have ordered several frozen foods and including clams on the half shell. Will have it tomorrow or Tuesday. Holiday has messed me up. Talked to LA about my next fish and I mentioned the milky water, which is getting worse. He suggested I add a filter system. I was running only an Aqua C Remora S skimmer. He said the filter would clear up the water faster than putting Chemi-Pure Elite in the return of the skimmer. He said a simple unit would do the job, so I ordered a Marineland Penguin 200. Will have that by Thursday, but will not add more fish until the water clears.

still cloudy wow would have figured it clear up by now , another thought when was the last time filters in Ro unit were changed , never even thought of a external filter ,
let us know how it works may have to look into that . I got my frozen order last week the 2 days it was in shipment it was in mid 90's, it arrived still frozen that dry ice is killer works great,

New RO/DI filters. TDS is 1. Just did another water change and cleaned the skimmer again. I did a lot of research befor beginning the tank and everyone said I wouldn't need a filter system. I did always wonder. We'll try it and see if it works. Frozed food shipped yesterday. It's 92 here and sunny, but I know LA will ship it right.
Would it be cruel to throw a large Kenya Tree in the trash? I can't get anyone to take him, and he sheds horribly. I was willing to give it to three different fish stores for free, but they didn't want it. One of the mistakes I made when i set up the reef about 3 years ago.

I'll take it if your willing to mail it I'll put it in my fowlr if it takes over it wont bother me at all since theres nothing else in the tank to smother, just put it in a few zip lock baggies one inside another with water and put in a small box and just send priority let me know how much it is prob around $5.00 or so , and I'll get that to you via pay pal

You really want the Kenya tree? Well, I'll talk to by shipping gurus, my husband and daughters and if you really want it, I'll get your address and ship it to you. I hated the idea of trashing it. I never would have, you know?

You really want the Kenya tree? Well, I'll talk to by shipping gurus, my husband and daughters and if you really want it, I'll get your address and ship it to you. I hated the idea of trashing it. I never would have, you know?

figured my Fowlr is a good candidate for it as it looks so barren anyway with nothing in it but rock and fish plus it can go wild in there lol
my wife always says that tank looks empty
figured if I could save it from trash why not

I'll PM my shipping info
and when you find out what shipping is I'll send you that (y)

my torches are about to split when they do I'll send you 1

Ok I'll pay it back in a few weeks with the torch I told you about , been looking at my hammers that aren't really hammers but octo-spawn think there about to split also
if so I'll send you one of those too , they have a nice deep purple tint to them
I'm still willing to pay shipping

You don't have to pay me back, but that hammer sounds sweet. I always wanted one. The Kenya Tree is attached to a chunk of rock, so you'll get that too. When it gets over the shipping, it spreads out beautifully. I really appreciate this and hope it does well for you.

I'll return the favor once the torch and hammer split you'll like both of them they grow some what fast just not over taking fast , I keep splitting them to spread the wealth around the tank

my little guy pulls his clam under a ledge to keep all the other fish from taking it from him there smart , I try giving him frozen mussels to but my wrasse wont let anyone near that, so everyone else get frozen mysiss ,
has he started grinding his teeth on the shell yet sounds like a tiny jack hammer it helps him groom his teeth
this is my guy he just had a little growing spirt
60069-albums13858-picture69074.jpg

Our puffers are twins. I'm really pleased with the clams. Thank you for letting me know about them. I'll get the Kenya to you ASAP. Hope it survives the trip. I've never shipped anything before.

Kenya's are near impossible to kill, it'll be just fine , I get shipments of corals ,fish,and other things in the mail all the time , it's not hard ,the 1 thing to remember is to double bag and news paper cushion , I have great luck with livestock , its the dry goods that always arrive all busted up , never understood that

I'm just getting into mail order fish, so it's new to me. And yes, my dry goods arrive in bad shape most of the time, no matter who I order them from.

its just weird if the word fragile appears on the box that means destroy the box so it will arrive damaged
send out a box pasted with smash drop and crush all over it it will arrive undamaged
just told my wife this she agrees and she's a mail lady

Boy, that's the truth. Maybe I should write DESTROY and STOMP ON IT and you'll get it o.k. BTW, thank your wife for the ingenious info.

thats why she's a crazy mail lady with her job if you don't have a good sense of humor you'd be loony tunes :D

Back
Top Bottom