Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #301
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How long can a 2" Valentini Puffer go without clams and will he eat other food in the interim? I haven't been able to see him eat, and I use a turkey baster for the blenny, but the puffer swims away from it like he's afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #302
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

my guy eats the little tiny pellets , frozen myssis , he also likes snails and hermits , but he drools over the clams and mussels , I find it easier to hand feed him clams with tweezers
thats the only way to keep the other fish from stealing his food , but he eats about anything he can find in-between meals

Old 07-02-2015, 11:58 AM   #303
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just fed a mix of Cyclops, Prime Reef, Marine Algae and Mysis. He seemed to ignore everything. Maybe he's sneaking food that falls behind the rocks. Maybe he likes to eat in private. He looks ok though. Water still slightly milky. Doing everything you said to do.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #304
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Have ordered several frozen foods and including clams on the half shell. Will have it tomorrow or Tuesday. Holiday has messed me up. Talked to LA about my next fish and I mentioned the milky water, which is getting worse. He suggested I add a filter system. I was running only an Aqua C Remora S skimmer. He said the filter would clear up the water faster than putting Chemi-Pure Elite in the return of the skimmer. He said a simple unit would do the job, so I ordered a Marineland Penguin 200. Will have that by Thursday, but will not add more fish until the water clears.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #305
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

still cloudy wow would have figured it clear up by now , another thought when was the last time filters in Ro unit were changed , never even thought of a external filter ,
let us know how it works may have to look into that . I got my frozen order last week the 2 days it was in shipment it was in mid 90's, it arrived still frozen that dry ice is killer works great,
Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #306
Aquarium Advice FINatic

New RO/DI filters. TDS is 1. Just did another water change and cleaned the skimmer again. I did a lot of research befor beginning the tank and everyone said I wouldn't need a filter system. I did always wonder. We'll try it and see if it works. Frozed food shipped yesterday. It's 92 here and sunny, but I know LA will ship it right.
Would it be cruel to throw a large Kenya Tree in the trash? I can't get anyone to take him, and he sheds horribly. I was willing to give it to three different fish stores for free, but they didn't want it. One of the mistakes I made when i set up the reef about 3 years ago.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #307
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I'll take it if your willing to mail it I'll put it in my fowlr if it takes over it wont bother me at all since theres nothing else in the tank to smother, just put it in a few zip lock baggies one inside another with water and put in a small box and just send priority let me know how much it is prob around $5.00 or so , and I'll get that to you via pay pal
Old 07-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #308
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You really want the Kenya tree? Well, I'll talk to by shipping gurus, my husband and daughters and if you really want it, I'll get your address and ship it to you. I hated the idea of trashing it. I never would have, you know?

Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #309
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaTricia View Post
You really want the Kenya tree? Well, I'll talk to by shipping gurus, my husband and daughters and if you really want it, I'll get your address and ship it to you. I hated the idea of trashing it. I never would have, you know?

figured my Fowlr is a good candidate for it as it looks so barren anyway with nothing in it but rock and fish plus it can go wild in there lol
my wife always says that tank looks empty
figured if I could save it from trash why not

I'll PM my shipping info
and when you find out what shipping is I'll send you that

my torches are about to split when they do I'll send you 1
Old 07-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #310
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cool! I'LL let you know when it goes out. You don't have to pay me. Consider it a gift for helping me so much.

Tags
fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com