Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #371
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Those are 2 nice looking fish I don't see a issue the 40b is 3ft so its not like it has a small foot print , the only difference between your 40 and my 90 besides gallons is mine is a foot longer and 9 inches taller and the width is identical to your 40 ,
I have basslets and dotty backs they'll do fine as theirs plenty of hiding spots,
good news finally got rid of my large goldfish and large pleco , now my 40B is vacant , waiting for me to empty and clean it so I can add my predators to it , this will give them lots more swimming room than my 37g bowfront , I'm stoked
glad the mean green is gone I know how annoying it is , I just added a algae scrubber to my sump , thinking about the green out break gave me the idea of rigging it up it's not pretty but it works , I got bored still needs a few modification as it sounds like a toilet running lol, but I do notice a big difference as my nitrates and phosphate seem to be more stable,

Old 07-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #372
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Didn't mean to scare you with the green water, but it's better to take precautions than go thru what I did.
Glad for your 40b. I wish I had a 90, but after what happened with me, that would have been more than I could handle.
Yeah, I'm anxious to get my new little critters. I hope it works out. If my blenny doesn't make a showing in the next couple or 3 weeks, I will order another.
I emptied my 37g tall freshwater tank by relocating the fish that were in there into another tank. Will finish cleaning it and a friend wants it. With it being a tall, on a stand, it was just too much to care for anymore. I had to stand on a ladder and go up and down and spilled tons of water on the floor to clean up. Glad for this.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #373
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

check around the tank they do like to jump , they will find the smallest hole either where you have a filter notched in cover so it fits and so on , found my goby in sump again
Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #374
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Your goby is a trip, pun intended. If the Blenny jumped, the cats would have him before I could attempt a rescue.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 PM   #375
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

my lawn mower jumped 2X both into my pocket now that was hilarious
Old 07-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #376
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Into your pocket??? Now that IS hilarious!!
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #377
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Two new fish on board! Dottyback keeps lunging at the Assessor, but the Assessor is not taking any crap. They're beautiful. Was worried because they arrived by UPS who left them on the porch. It was 86 degrees outside. Good thing I kept checking and found them. When I opened the box up there was this one 4x4 ice pack completely melted. My granddaughter and I were really worried they were dead. The Dottyback was fine at the end of acclimation, but the assessor appeared weak. He seems ok now though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #378
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

any pictures , oh I bet your granddaughter was excited , I sit and watch my fish for hours thinking what to do next , making out a rough draft of what to order I do this monthly insane right , with all I spent I could have bought a few new cars , or even pay off a big chunk of the mortgage ,
Old 07-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #379
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes, Anna was excited. She says the Assessor is her fish. He's out all the time. Actinics on now and she can still watch him.
After I got the fish in the tank, I started planning my next move, just like you do. Except that my mortgage is paid. But I bet I could buy a few cars, too, with what I've spent. Wouldn't change a thing.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:26 PM   #380
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Milky green water again. This is ridiculous! Every time I add fish? I changed the filter media and the skimmer. It has gotten progressively worse. I use Ro/di from my own unit with filters only 2 months old. I guess I have to go dark again. Will I ever get o watch my fish play?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com