Asfur Angelfish (Arabian) bully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hart62

Aquarium Advice Activist
I acquired an Asfur Angelfish (Arabian) that originates from the Red Sea. I have a 45 gallon tank now but he was in a 125 gallon. I am in the process of putting the 125 up. I have had him about a week. Originally he was shy and hiding in all of my rock . Now he paces the tank constantly. I know he needs more swimming room. All of my other fish seem to be less active since he has become more active and now I think my Kole Tang is dying. Could the Asfur be the cause of it or is it just a coincidence? I have no where else to put him other than taking him to a lfs. I don't want to lose my other fish because of a beautiful free fish.

:banghead: :confused:

Asfur is a gorgeous fish. I had one for 7 years and he was my favorite fish.

I'd say he would be ok temporarily in the 45. The pacing is stress and adjusting from going from a familiar larger home to a smaller one. I think he will calm down over the course of a couple weeks. He might be stressing out the kole with his pacing. I think I would stay the course and give it time. Try to keep your hands out of the tank and keep him eating well. Hiding places are always important as well. Mine was a bit of a scaredy cat at times.

Back
Top Bottom