Astrea snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mike3epanda said:
o_O don't do it... that is rip off... try to buy some from craigslist or somewher online.. that is crazy
That's the price in the carribean. I'd guess the extra cost is for shipping so it would be the same or more than you could get them for here in the states.

chase33 said:
mike3epanda said:
o_O don't do it... that is rip off... try to buy some from craigslist or somewher online.. that is crazy
That's the price in the carribean. I'd guess the extra cost is for shipping so it would be the same or more than you could get them for here in the states.
Yup that is correct, we pay more for everything down here.

I really don't think it is really expensive but Y can't they sell it in singles... I mean what If you recently bought 12 and 5 dies... and u only need to buy 5... you won't want to buy another 12 again would you?

The owner of the lfs told me he does not have tanks with enough algae to support snails.

I heard they have trouble with rock also - they inhabit sea grass flats so rock is not their natural terrain . Astralium Calcar often sold as Thorny Astrea or Star snails , are rock inhabiting snails - I have 6 in a 10gal and they have never had a problem with rocks in the tank .

omg... I just found out that they charged me for the price of turbo snail when I bought the trochus... I bought 5 trochus today for $2.99 each... hope they help with my diatom and cyano problem...

Back
Top Bottom