Ball Anemone (Pseudocorynactis?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atte

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently I've had these ball anemones multiply a lot in my tank. According to this site what I have should be corynactis, because they are all no bigger than a quarter. They do tend to be more open with the lights off so I don't know exactly which type they are. Anyways, should I leave them alone and let them grow or should I remove them? It started out with just one small one on a piece of LR, and now there are about 11-12 of them on other rocks and the sandbed.

They're known to kill coral and other anemones when they compete for resources, so depending on tank size and other life in the tank, it's really up to you. Maybe frag and sell them to some buddies?

Thanks Caviar! I have a FOWLR and don't plan on going reef any time soon so I think I will let them be for the time being.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I've decided these things need to go. They have multiplied like crazy and annihilated my stomatella population. Anyone know how to kill them? Would kalk/lemon juice/boiling water work as it does with aiptasia?

Not sure but I have the same problem, I have at least one on every piece of LR in the tank, maybe you could burn them off with a lighter? But the problem is you will never be able to find all of them. Please keep posted if you have any success.

Sorry, no updates here. I haven't tried to do anything to them besides manual removal of some of the really obvious ones on the sand.

Back
Top Bottom