Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Had to remove him into sick tank yesterday when i saw his condition not improving...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1263924972.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	162598

JumperAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's hard to tell on my cell but I see white flecks that look like grains of salt. In my opinion, you have a case of marine ich it seems. In addition, it looks as though there is also some discoloration around the head. If he were my fish, I would treat him for Marine Ich and a fungal at the same time. DO NOT use Melafix. That stuff is just CR@P. I would get a medication that treats for Ich. Here are two decent ones. For the Cupramine I would buy a copper test kit.

Here is a chart that tells what medications treat different disease/infections.

Also, if you have a parasite, your tank is now infected. I was reading about this the other day...I'm not recommending it but you can look into it.

Make sure you don't overdose on the copper or you can kill your fish. Follow the directions very closely and make sure the tank is extremely well aerated because some of these medications deplete oxygen.

Hope he gets better!!!

nikki_kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Lost him this morning in the qt tank . Strangely my fox face lo was the first fish I added to that tank and he is fine (maybe just not showing signs of anything?) he has been in the tank for about 3months and been through quite a few tank mates ( flame angel, regal angel, now banana wrasse) wouldn't a parasite have infected him by now? My water parameters are really good. I keep up on my water changes and clean my protein skimmer twice a week. I just don't understand why everything but fox and his 2 starfish buddies keep dying.

Thanks for all of that information in your last post btw.

JumperAlex is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com