Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only200
Are they hard to care for any special needs. It says meaty diet does that mean silversides or brine shrimp these might be considered dumb questions but I always thought the best answers come from those who have first hand experience this one is about 3 1/2 to 4 inch
Def not hard to care for. My lil tusk was eating pellets when i got him home. Make sure its an aussie tusk, not an indian tusk. The aussies get a bit more color in them and have insanely cool blue fangs

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Regular

How can you tell the difference between a Aussie and a indian. All I have here is a petco and they give little to no info on there fish most of their employees don't even have tanks, it's a joke of a pet store. My closest store that I consider descent is 250 miles away and driving that far with live fish worries me but I have about 5 different clowns to choose from and only mushrooms for coral. By the way what are the better online stores. I still wonder how my tank made it to my area it's by far the biggest I've seen here.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Regular

By the way my lion has a sore on it's mouth and I'm not sure what it is if anyone wants to make a gander at it I have pics posted under a thread called lionfish thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

In terms of the differences in the tusks-
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...380&pcatid=380

A for the lionfish- please try and describe it as best as possible
Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's a little red bump on the lower jaw. Kinda looks like it bumped into something but it's a smallish fish in a big tank so I'm not sure what would cause him to run into the sides
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Regular

And it is an aussie I think I might need to buy it
Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
It's a little red bump on the lower jaw. Kinda looks like it bumped into something but it's a smallish fish in a big tank so I'm not sure what would cause him to run into the sides
Lionfish dont have the best eyesight to begin with. I cant remember i you have coral or not but he coulda gotten stung
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
And it is an aussie I think I might need to buy it
It might not be for $85 I don't even think its that cheap wholesale but if it is then you must get it. That's a crazy good deal. Bluezooaquatics is a good online store as far as coral. Their fish are good but their prices are ok, not too expensive.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey bro..just got mine two weeks ago..he's about a foot long right now..from what I've read on them..they're light sensitive..use live sand better so it won't scratch their stomach..feed every other day preferably with tongs they aren't aggressive eaters if you feed him together with all his tank mates..they'll eat shrimp,scallops,fish..I wouldn't try goldfish like some ppl do they don't eat that in the ocean..they can hang with fish bigger than them..have mine with puffers(a Stars and Stripes, a porcupine puffer, dogface puffer, and a black trigger) they can grow anywhere between 3ft-4ft. I have live rock but not much so he can swim around. Big thing soak his food in iodine so you can prevent him from developing a goiter. Good luck keep in touch man!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawsGarcia42
Hey bro..just got mine two weeks ago..he's about a foot long right now..from what I've read on them..they're light sensitive..use live sand better so it won't scratch their stomach..feed every other day preferably with tongs they aren't aggressive eaters if you feed him together with all his tank mates..they'll eat shrimp,scallops,fish..I wouldn't try goldfish like some ppl do they don't eat that in the ocean..they can hang with fish bigger than them..have mine with puffers(a Stars and Stripes, a porcupine puffer, dogface puffer, and a black trigger) they can grow anywhere between 3ft-4ft. I have live rock but not much so he can swim around. Big thing soak his food in iodine so you can prevent him from developing a goiter. Good luck keep in touch man!
Hey not trying to steal this thread but how big is your tank?? My wife gave me the thumbs up for a shark/ray tank and I'm trying to get a size in mind for the bay windows it's going into... Thx

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com