Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

bangai Cardinal question

Hi all.
I just had two young bangai cardinals given to me. I have two tanks. A 36 gallon bf and a 75 gallon tank. I was going to put the two new cardinals in the 75 gallon tank. The bf has a bangai cardinal in it and it is just over a year old. My question is, I want to put all three in the big 75 gallon tank and wonder what is the best way to do it. Should I put they all in at the same time, or should I put the two new younger ones in first, then a day later add the older one from the bf?
Help would be appreciated asap.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it was me I'd add all the same time so that none have established territories before next added should reduce conflict

Old 01-26-2014, 03:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald57 View Post
Hi all.
I just had two young bangai cardinals given to me. I have two tanks. A 36 gallon bf and a 75 gallon tank. I was going to put the two new cardinals in the 75 gallon tank. The bf has a bangai cardinal in it and it is just over a year old. My question is, I want to put all three in the big 75 gallon tank and wonder what is the best way to do it. Should I put they all in at the same time, or should I put the two new younger ones in first, then a day later add the older one from the bf?
Help would be appreciated asap.

Same time for sure.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just keep eye on them as if there's two males they might fight and kill each other

Tags
cardinal, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com