Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Banggai cardinals and clownfish

hi i was wondering will one banggai cardinal do well with a mated pair of ocellaris and firefish in a 10 gallon tank...10gall sump

Toothpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Those fish are all compatable. With that setup I would only get 1 of the clownfish not much room for them to chase each other around. A 20g Long tank would give you much more flexability hint hint. They are only $20 at my LFS and still not huge to take up massive space. A 10g saltwater tank is for an advanced aquarist I am not brave enough to try it thats for sure. It Requires Daily maintenance so don't ever take a weekend trip without a tank sitter. Or at least an ATO unit

120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Personally, I'd say your tank is overloaded already from a space standpoint, so I couldn't really recommend another fish, even if it was compatible. At least you have an extra 10g of water to help you out with water quality.

One thing with the Banggai is that while it's "peaceful" I've noticed it can be fairly territorial. So in a 10g tank, that could become a problem with any tankmate. I've got a Banggai with a single O.Clown, three chromis, and a little clown goby. The Banggai seems to go through phases now and then where he'll chase the chromis all over. He'll make a cloud clicking sound as he snaps his jaws together. No nipping, just showing them who is boss. The chromis are good at ignoring him. I'm pretty sure there'd be mayhem in the tank if he was in a 10g.
Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
well i could ditch the banggai and just have one ocellaris and one firefish and maybe a tiny goby,catalina maybe or wheeler's shrimp goby i dont want a fish that acts fine one day and grouchy another lol but i still do like banggais.....about the 20gall long i dont have any room in my bedroom for it my parents wont let me get it anyways so i had to improvise by using a sump
Toothpik is offline   Reply With Quote

cardinals, clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com