Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
54seaweed said:
break out the cloths pins :D :D

Buy the giant cans of tomato sauce! I had a car that got sprayed once. It was awful bathing a cat... His patches of white fur were pinkish for a long time. Lol!

Ok. Dog's washed, had couple baths. Still smells some. Dumb dog got sprayed in the face and mouth!! He's a beagle, so he thinks he can hunt everything, was probably either barking at skunk or trying to bite it. Anyways, too late now to mess with tank. Did manage to get the angel acclimated and into tank, and he seems really happy. He was darting in and out of all the crevices and caves for a while. :) hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to move rock.

Added another PH to tank, much better flow now. Also added the small hob filter for the qt tank to this one so it'll be ready when I need it. Fish are just hanging out. Here's pix:

image-329588925.jpg

image-1537280485.jpg

So we bought 2 sexy shrimp and a small blue and yellow blenny.

image-1279889823.jpg

image-2315013716.jpg

image-3414670730.jpg

Everyone has so far gotten along fabulously!! Crossing my fingers!!!

Can I ask what you paid for the shrimp? I want a couple. They want 12.99 each here.

The pictures are great and everyone looks fabulous! Those are nice additions! Your tank is coming along splendidly! ;)

Beengirl said:
I'll have to move rock around tomorrow- my dog got sprayed by a skunk tonight, so gotta give him a few baths...stupid dog. :(

Go to petsmart and get some skunk off but your best bet is to wash him in Dawn first and keep doing it until the oils are gone. That's what we use to do at my dads clinic (he's a veterinarian). The skunk off will help with any residual smell plus I'm guessing you have to clean off anything he's laid on. POOR THING!

Beengirl said:
So we bought 2 sexy shrimp and a small blue and yellow blenny.

Everyone has so far gotten along fabulously!! Crossing my fingers!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sexy shrimp!!!! They are cool!

Boo! Stupid iPhone didn't show you'd already washed the dog! My bad! I'm about to trade this thing for a pet rock...I would get better use out of the rock...0_o

Bearchumjs said:
Can I ask what you paid for the shrimp? I want a couple. They want 12.99 each here.

The pictures are great and everyone looks fabulous! Those are nice additions! Your tank is coming along splendidly! ;)

The shrimp were $12 each. Thanks!! Everyone so far seems happy and levels are good: 0,0 and 20.

nikki_kaiser said:
Boo! Stupid iPhone didn't show you'd already washed the dog! My bad! I'm about to trade this thing for a pet rock...I would get better use out of the rock...0_o

Yeah, I've been having some issues with the iPhone app lately too. :(

Beengirl said:
Yeah, I've been having some issues with the iPhone app lately too. :(

Ya, this thing is really starting to irk me. Hey, have you seen Convicts video of his tank? OMG!!! I want that! It's AMAZING!! Everything is perfect from the flow to the aquascape, coral placement, lighting...I am so going to try and mimic that! LOL! It looks like what you would see from one of those professionals who come in and do tank set up.

nikki_kaiser said:
Ya, this thing is really starting to irk me. Hey, have you seen Convicts video of his tank? OMG!!! I want that! It's AMAZING!! Everything is perfect from the flow to the aquascape, coral placement, lighting...I am so going to try and mimic that! LOL! It looks like what you would see from one of those professionals who come in and do tank set up.

Yeah, I've seen it. It really is amazing. Not sure I could replicate that look. :)

LOL! Me either but I'm going to give it a go! Have you ever sewn something and then your friend tries to mimic you and it's basically unrecognizable but you tell her "good job"and give an "A" for effort? I'm going for the "A" at least! LOL!

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I'm definitely not on the same level as him. Lol. I think he's like playing in the Big Ten and I'm a community college team, if you know what I mean. :) lol

Beengirl said:
Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I'm definitely not on the same level as him. Lol. I think he's like playing in the Big Ten and I'm a community college team, if you know what I mean. :) lol

In that case I'm in middle school playing on the recreational team. Wah-wah-wah!

ROFL! At least y'all are playing! I'm still watching from behind the fence on the sidelines! LOL!

One of my sexy shrimp died. Not sure why. Params are 0,0,20. The other one is fine, found the one shrimp laying on sand on his side. At first thought it was a molt, but no, it was him. :( everyone else is good though.

Beengirl said:
One of my sexy shrimp died. Not sure why. Params are 0,0,20. The other one is fine, found the one shrimp laying on sand on his side. At first thought it was a molt, but no, it was him. :( everyone else is good though.

Boo! It happens. If your other one dies (let's hope not!!) buy one from another store. I had to do that and haven't had issues since.

Back
Top Bottom