Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elude82 said:
Lol, funny name! In my aggressive tank it would be a "Snack"! Hehe[/QUOTE

LOL! He's a pretty funny kid! Ya, the little clown wouldn't last very long although they can swim REALLY fast when you are trying to catch them!

So the jawfish has made herself entirely at home...in the firefish's burrow. :( Poor Firefish, this is the 2nd time her burrow has been taken. My daughter cleared an area under a rock near where the Firefish was swimming, and she is now sitting in that clearing!! Yea!! So everyone seems content at this moment. :)

Good news! The jawfish and Firefish are living together in the burrow! :D They have 2 separate openings, since the jawfish pretty much blocks the one opening by sitting in it all day. Lol. But it's one burrow they live in together. :)

Awesome! The firefish's work is not on vain!!!! Lol that's good news! Take some pics please.

Here's a pic of the jawfish. I put a bunch of small rocks and shells near the opening and she piled them up around the opening. (I read somewhere to do that) :) it's hard to see, but the fire fish's opening is to the left around the back a little.

image-3154919832.jpg

image-2655880534.jpg

Coexisting! The balance of the universe! Maybe the shells help with erosion?!?! Lol

Haven't seen the green clown goby in about a week. He's always been great at hiding (hence the name Ninja), but usually see him here and there. Haven't found a body either. only about 4-5 small hermits in there, but the goby is really small. So I guess they could've eaten him if he died. I hope he shows up. Not going so great today. :(

Beengirl said:
Haven't seen the green clown goby in about a week. He's always been great at hiding (hence the name Ninja), but usually see him here and there. Haven't found a body either. only about 4-5 small hermits in there, but the goby is really small. So I guess they could've eaten him if he died. I hope he shows up. Not going so great today. :(

I bet he shows up! He's probably just hiding really well.

Everything you guys are saying makes sense. Guess I can't be so nervous to lose a fish if I'm gonna do the SW thing, huh? Lol

The angelfish is going to his new home today!! :)
Here's a shot of the tank right now, gotta get a little more rock today too.

View attachment 117472
tank looks good!!! How deep is your sand bed? I ask because I was looking at the 30lbs I bought for my 30g and it doesn't look like its quite enough.

DIZZLE808 said:
tank looks good!!! How deep is your sand bed? I ask because I was looking at the 30lbs I bought for my 30g and it doesn't look like its quite enough.

Thank you! If I remember right, I think we put 40# of sand in, but i didn't write it down anywhere. Some places are deeper than others, probably average of about 3".

hey Beengirl I just wanted to ask you how your Dwarf Angelfish is doing? I'm trying, and I emphasize the word trying:), to finalize my stock list for my 30g but its proving to be rather difficult lol. I like your half black though, the colors on him are really nice!

hey Beengirl I just wanted to ask you how your Dwarf Angelfish is doing? I'm trying, and I emphasize the word trying:), to finalize my stock list for my 30g but its proving to be rather difficult lol. I like your half black though, the colors on him are really nice!

He's fine now in the FOWLR. He gets along with all the other fish, no bullying from him. He was transferred from the reef tank, though, cuz he ate a lot of coral. But now he's happy, swims in and out of the crevices in the tank, eats his algae sheets everyday. He's always been the first one to show up at dinnertime. He's actually getting a little "thick". Lol. The orange shows nicely under the LED lights. He'll put up his top spiky-type fins once in a while, which are cool. I think it's a pretty fish. :)

Got a pom Pom crab for this tank cuz I only get to see the one in the 55 once every 5-6 weeks cuz there's too many hiding places in that tank. Well, put him in a couple days ago and haven't seen him since! Lol. These guys are like ninjas!!! Thought I'd be able to find him better in a 30g, but nope. I'll try to get pics if I ever see him again. Lol.

Beengirl said:
Got a pom Pom crab for this tank cuz I only get to see the one in the 55 once every 5-6 weeks cuz there's too many hiding places in that tank. Well, put him in a couple days ago and haven't seen him since! Lol. These guys are like ninjas!!! Thought I'd be able to find him better in a 30g, but nope. I'll try to get pics if I ever see him again. Lol.

Speaking of ninjas, is ninja alive?

So we have spotted the Pom Pom. He somehow is hiding in this tiny crevice. It doesn't seem big enough for him, but he fit in there. Couldn't get a pic, though. Just happy to know he's okay! :)

Back
Top Bottom