Beginner to saltwater aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can order a diamond coated bit online to do it yourself. Just use some putty or playdough to keep water pooled in the area to keep things cooled. I'm sure there are a ton of videos out there to see.

You can order a diamond coated bit online to do it yourself. Just use some putty or playdough to keep water pooled in the area to keep things cooled. I'm sure there are a ton of videos out there to see.

Yep, ordered it a couple weeks back. Had to order from china bc couldn't find one big enough locally. Iv watched a bunch of videos and know what to do, just doing it I'm nervous about lol

Well, bit come in today! Going to finish up my design for the overflow tomorrow and hopefully get this thing drilled. I will keep y'all updated on status.

I always do black because I always use ryno coat , I've seen some done in flex seal looks just as good so long as you apply it evenly .
img_3421318_0_dbddb148b10755ba09621e6a7bd5d669.jpg

IMG_1505.JPG

Main tank and sump is almost ready. Iv scraped and polished until my hands are numb for weeks now. Looking pretty awesome for a $100 100 gallon and a free 55g for my sump.

Doing some final Measurements for my bulkheads and might be drilling tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Rhino would stand up for sure! I use rustoleum black for my fw. I'm thinking of going dark blue for the sw. Kind of similar to the generic backgrounds, can't see them lasting a month against salt..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rhino would stand up for sure! I use rustoleum black for my fw. I'm thinking of going dark blue for the sw. Kind of similar to the generic backgrounds, can't see them lasting a month against salt..

What exactly are u referring to by rhino. Anyway u could provide a link to what you guys have used. I never thought about the saltwater being rough on the paint. Makes sense though. Even though I hope I never have any water going down the back of the tank :(

IMG_1506.jpg

"Imagine through the glass after drilled"
I need to get that dang 90 elbow closer to the tank. I want to sit it closer to the wall. That's whole reason I didn't do bean animal.

Maybe a 1 1/4 inch 90 elbow with a female thread instead of a male?

You'd have to go female bulk head size, get you way closer for sure, than again you'd need a couple fittings to reduce but they'd all be on the down. I'd opt for a chemical bond over threaded.

You'd have to go female bulk head size, get you way closer for sure, than again you'd need a couple fittings to reduce but they'd all be on the down. I'd opt for a chemical bond over threaded.

My drain is 1 1/4 inch. Would a 90 with a female thread just have a slip on the downward end to fit 1 1/4 inch pipe?

Iv got a Plummer friend stopping by later. Wish I had went with 1inch bc 1 1/4 stuff is hard to find. Not a standard size home plumbing size from what I hear.

I dunno, meant a threaded 90 to attach to bulk head. Can't judge size from picture. If you have a friend that's a plumber.. chances are he has it in the van.

I dunno, meant a threaded 90 to attach to bulk head. Can't judge size from picture. If you have a friend that's a plumber.. chances are he has it in the van.

It's a 1 1/4 inch sch 80 bulkhead. The sch 80 are really big. Prob why it appears larger than normal.

Not sure if drain diameter needs to coincide with return??

Back
Top Bottom