best $100 skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the best protien skimmer for a 75-90gal tank for around $100? I don't have much room under my stand either.
Thanks

You probably won't find one at that range... You could possibly get a Seaclone 100-150 in that range, but they aren't really popular here... Some do say it works well though and I may buy one sometime too. I am not running a protein skimmer at this time...

You might be able to find someone who sells a CPR Bak Pak knock-off on E-bay for around that price.

Bak Paks are considered some of the best small tank skimmers. I am not so sure that a seaclone will work on a tank that size.

Your best bet? Probibly spending a little more money and get an Aqua C Urchin for your sump.

You honestly don't want to scrimp on your skimmer when you consider that its just about your only form of mechanical filtration.

You can get a cheaper skimmer now and save up for a better one in the future. Its better to have one then not too

well i like those seaclone skimmer, i have had one for a few months and get a decent amount of skimmate, like at least a third of a cup, every week, just make sure you buy the new and improved..i didnt have an old one, but i heard a lot more complaints about it until people started buying the new ones...

sango said:
You can get a cheaper skimmer now and save up for a better one in the future. Its better to have one then not too

I disagree. Many people run tanks with no skimmer and have no problems.

Nothing worse than paying $100 for a lower end skimmer, knowing that as soon as you have $200 you can get a better one. That means you spent $300 getting the right skimmer.

I suggest just waiting until you can afford a better skimmer. a SeaClone 150 might be enough for a 75gallon as long as you don't go crazy on stocking it. But a Remora would be much much much better.

Back
Top Bottom