Best fish for a saltwater newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I now have an ocellaris clown and an onyx one. They seem to co-exist but are stressed. I introduced the onyx one 6 days after the ocellaris. Should I take him back? Or wait it out?

I am a beginner and have a 110 gallon
2 clowns
1 fox face
1 sail fin tang
6 green chromis
The sail fin glides along and is enjoyable to watch
The fox face is great at feeding time especially when he flares his spine fins

What types/how many fish would be a good choice for a 36 gal bow front? Preparing to change over from FW

Couple of cardinals: orange striped, bangaii or PJ
Yellow headed jawfish
A clown
Chalk bass
Goby
Blenny
Royal gramma (if you don't get chalk bass)

In a 36g, I wouldn't do more than 6-7 nano fish, or 5-6 small fish. And that's if you're very good about weekly PWCs.

Couple of cardinals: orange striped, bangaii or PJ
Yellow headed jawfish
A clown
Chalk bass
Goby
Blenny
Royal gramma (if you don't get chalk bass)

In a 36g, I wouldn't do more than 6-7 nano fish, or 5-6 small fish. And that's if you're very good about weekly PWCs.

Okay thankyou so much

Whats your opinion on Orange Honey "Chromis"? My local lfs says that they are chromis not Damsels, would they interfere with any of the fish mentioned above?

I keep finding contradictory information all over the place.

Chromis are in the damsel family. I have a red honey chromis in my 30g with several of the fish on that list, and he has been behaving fine. I do have a dwarf angel in there too, and he pretty much runs the tank. The angel is a good bit bigger than the red honey, so I don't think mine will get out of hand. It all comes down to the personality of that fish. Yours could be laid back and get along with everyone, or it could be a pain In The butt. That could pertain to any kind of fish, really. Mine was added very last, after everyone else had been in there for months, and he is tiny; so that probably helped me. :) They're very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom