Best HOB skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im looking for a skimmer that's mostly quiet, but also works well. Any suggestion?

That's what I was thinking of getting actually

I had a remora for about a year. I didn't like it. Sure, might have had something to do with my set up, but I just didn't have much luck with it. Personally, I like the reef octopus line of skimmers. They have excellent HOB models and their stuff is top notch, yet competitively priced. I currently have an in sump model. When I first made the change to a system with a sump, I was convinced that it was superior to HOB. 3 years later, I can honestly say it's not. A good HOB is skimmer is just as effective, and I would even say to a point better because the intake charge of water is directly pulled from the tank itself.

Benamayer said:
+1 on reef octo

I've got a friend who has the reef octopus and it works great!! He actually has a tube running from the cup to a bucket that collects extra waste because he tends to forget to empty it out. They aren't cheap but they most definitely are reliable and work great from the get go!

Reef octopus b2000 works great easy to use and fairly quiet

Back
Top Bottom