Best Marine Pellet Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've started a FOWLR tank and plan on getting one ocellaris clownfish, a firefish, and a clown goby. I plan on feeding a mixture of pellets and frozen brine shrimp. Do you think that is a good plan? For the frozen food, I heard Gumballs was a good brand and my LFS supplies it, so I intend to get those. But what about pellets? What brand would you recommend? And should I add/take away any of the foods I plan?

:thanks:

I would not take anything away as a variety is always a good thing. I feed every other day but I feed flake, frozen mysis, frozen brine and dried seaweed.

I would not take anything away as a variety is always a good thing. I feed every other day but I feed flake, frozen mysis, frozen brine and dried seaweed.

That sounds like a nice variety. Do you think I should add anything or am I set? And how often would you recommend I feed? I was going to do once a day because every website is telling me things within a range of twice a day to every three days.

I have fed mine every other day for 14+ yrs now but if you feel like you need to feed everyday then that would be OK. I just would not do it more once a day. It will cause nuisance algea problems.

Alright I think I'll do once a day, and switch between pellets to shrimp each day. Do you think I should add anything else? I have some leftover frozen bloodworms if the fish will take those.

I`ve never used blood worms but make sure if you use brine that they are vitamin fortified as regular frozen brine does not have enough nutrition.

Alright then. So I guess I'll just do the pellets and the brine shrimp, and I'll remember that vitamin fortified thing. Thank you!

Just one more question: Will those fish I'm getting accept floating food or must they sink?

Back
Top Bottom