Best place to buy live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I can afford it. Lol. I am going to petco next week and am gonna get like $30 worth. So it want be much.

Idk about your petco, but mine is so bad. Probably since the workers aren't completely dedicated to only the saltwater sections and the company just doesn't get reliable safe love rock. I know one of the managers and her husband very well and even though they could get free live rock if they wanted to they don't. Because it's just not worth it.

Idk about your petco, but mine is so bad. Probably since the workers aren't completely dedicated to only the saltwater sections and the company just doesn't get reliable safe love rock. I know one of the managers and her husband very well and even though they could get free live rock if they wanted to they don't. Because it's just not worth it.

My petco is pretty nice! There are always at least 2-3 workers just in the fish department. They also seem to know what they are doing. They encourage you to only buy small amounts of fish at a time so you're levels want spike, etc. Most stores will try to sell you as much as they can. Lol

don't buy live rock from petco there way over priced

your goal is to find it cheap check local mom n pop pet shops that sell satwater fish
or even craigs list you can get really good deals
try to get it from around $2.99/$6.99 anything more than that your being ripped off

My local shop wants 10.99 per pound for uncured live rock. And had a 2x2 piece of GSP priced at $55. The latest I've seen from them was a condylactis for $45. That man is outrageous. The only reason I still go there is because his frozen foods are cheap haha he also got me to buy my own rodi filter when he started charging $1.75 a gallon.

Decided not to buy from petco. I have a friend that has some live rock and said they will GIVE me a piece so I can seed some dry base rock. I am gonna buy some Carib Sea South Sea Base Rock Bag 10LB rock. I can get 10 pounds for under $30 shipped

Got some live rock today. Got some hitchhiker too. Some little pods? And snails. I have identified one of them to be a Nassarius. I am not sure if the rock has any corraline algae on it. I can't post a pic for some reason but if anyone wants to help me see if any corraline is on it I will email them pics. Thanks

You don't need to "seed" the dry rock at all. Just put it in the tank and use an ammonia source to start the cycle. NO live rock is needed. That said, every retailer gets their rock from a few sources, including petco. It's not going to be any better or worse than the next guy's rock, if the price is right.

You don't need to "seed" the dry rock at all. Just put it in the tank and use an ammonia source to start the cycle. NO live rock is needed. That said, every retailer gets their rock from a few sources, including petco. It's not going to be any better or worse than the next guy's rock, if the price is right.

I bought some from petco today. Got a big piece for $10.99. I would say at least 3 or so pounds.

Back
Top Bottom