Best place to buy live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just called petco and they sell live rock. They said they sell it in small medium and large sizes. The small is $10.99 and they said that it is less that a pound. Isn't this a rip off?

1099 sound about right. Is it cured live rock? You can go to bulk reef supply website and buy uncured live rock for much cheaper. You can cure it yourself in a pail w a heater and powerhead for like 6 wks with partial water changes and vacuum the die off out once a wk

Please do not buy live rock from petco. Get it from bulkreefsupply or liveaquaria if you want good cured live rock. The Fiji rock is the most sturdy and dense stuff, the reef saver rock is also very good for middle/top rock work.

1099 sound about right. Is it cured live rock? You can go to bulk reef supply website and buy uncured live rock for much cheaper. You can cure it yourself in a pail w a heater and powerhead for like 6 wks with partial water changes and vacuum the die off out once a wk

10.99 for 1/2 pound

Please do not buy live rock from petco. Get it from bulkreefsupply or liveaquaria if you want good cured live rock. The Fiji rock is the most sturdy and dense stuff, the reef saver rock is also very good for middle/top rock work.

I will look into bulk reef supply. And I found a good seller on eBay that sells base rock for $3 per pound which isn't bad to me.

$4. a pound

I have this in my tanks and it is coming alive

http://www.gulfliverock.com/index.html

this is mine

img_2559317_0_3e4d3ada2687f8f4acdb8cacc97fde40.jpg

img_2559317_1_cda300ee1d3ba7f629d54b2871a6504e.jpg

Everything you see on the rocks came on the rocks
I also had tons of hitchhikers that came along , hermits , snails , serpant stars , sponge , tons of good macro algae

img_2559317_2_95aad83db202e78360ffbc1e87f58d0e.jpg

Go with BRS. You can get great prices during a group buy. I will be running one the first week of August.

What's a group buy?

You sign up for an account at BRS and PM me your last name and email address you used. You'll get an email that week and get anywhere from 5-20% off items.

Look in the admin and announcements forum for my post on the july 4th buy I just ran.

You sign up for an account at BRS and PM me your last name and email address you used. You'll get an email that week and get anywhere from 5-20% off items.

Look in the admin and announcements forum for my post on the july 4th buy I just ran.

Sounds pretty good to me! But I have a few questions. I am going on vacation August 1st - 4th so will I still be able to make it?

And BTW where did you buy your live rock for your 20 gallon? That's what I am currently setting up. And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay total for your live rock?

And BTW where did you buy your live rock for your 20 gallon? That's what I am currently setting up. And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay total for your live rock?

I got it at BRS. 20lbs of dry rock for $51.80 during a group buy.

If I get 1 pound of live rock will that be enough to seed like 20 pounds of dry rock? I am gonna buy both when I get money.

don't buy live rock from petco there way over priced

your goal is to find it cheap check local mom n pop pet shops that sell satwater fish
or even craigs list you can get really good deals
try to get it from around $2.99/$6.99 anything more than that your being ripped off

don't buy live rock from petco there way over priced

your goal is to find it cheap check local mom n pop pet shops that sell satwater fish
or even craigs list you can get really good deals
try to get it from around $2.99/$6.99 anything more than that your being ripped off

We don't have but 1 local fish store. And they only have freshwater. Did you get my messages?

Back
Top Bottom