Best place to get cheap live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a new tank so how would I do that? Stick dry and live rock together in the tank for a while?

na...live rock just means it's covered with beneficial bacteria. the little critters on it and hitch hikers are something else, and mostly bad anyway.
get the dry rock, put it in the tank, toss a raw cocktail shrimp in the tank for a week or so until you see substantial ammonia on your test kit, and wait. you'll have a cycled tank full of live rock in no time.

You can get some dry live rocls from foster&smith..go to liveaquaria.com..its on the top right corner..

yes that would be considered cured live rock, cured means there is nothing harmful on it not much die of no harmful critters, just porus rock with a benificial bacterial colony

Awesome! I found a place called live rock farm and I'll be getting a combo of 10 pounds live rock and 40 pounds dry... How long will it take for it all to become live?

SleepsWithFish said:
Awesome! I found a place called live rock farm and I'll be getting a combo of 10 pounds live rock and 40 pounds dry... How long will it take for it all to become live?

ReLly depend on how your ocean current is. They go by with your current, so facing the power head towards your new rock would probably good idea. Within 1 week or so, you will see some thing.

Back
Top Bottom