Best place to order fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is the best online store that you all know if to order fish? I know live aquaria and reefs2go and blue zoo aquatics... Any others you recommend? Looking for a small rabbit foxface (no spot) and blue zoo is out of stock and the other two don't offer a choice of spot or no spot. Thanks in advance!

I heard REALLY bad reviews about reefs2go. I mean even if there livestock is decent for the price, people complain about the customer service. Only ordered a CUC from reefcleaners...just get my fish/corals from my lfs, but I'd say that LA and Blue Zoo are very high quality. Vivid Aquariums' selection and quality is incredible. They require a $150 min. and I'm sure those other online stores do too. There is also saltwaterfish.com and thatpetplace.com, but never heard much about those.

Live aquaria is good and reefs2go, I used R2G about 15 times and never had any issues. LA I used a few times with nothing bad to report. Reef cleaners IMHO is over kill if you go by there suggestion. Your better off building your own CUC. other then that I haven't dealt too much with online for live stock.

I don't like getting fish online so I usually ask my LFS to order fish.

I live 30 miles from that fish place. Good quality of fish and excellent customer service. Never dealt with the shipping part but they are the only place i go for fish and supplies

Your local fish store (LFS) can't order you fish? I live in Daytona Beach and I am lucky to have an Amazing fish store, Poseidon's Aquarium.

Most wont order it if they already have one and they all want to charge $45 or more when they're $25 online. And I wanna make sure it's small.... Ill call around this week and ask.

Yeah, I have been debating on getting a Foxface. Not sure which one yet. Out of curiosity....How much was shipping for the little guy?

The shipping would be $40. But if he's still available Monday I'm going to order other things too. So if its over $140 it's free overnight shipping. And over $200 gets a free gift. :)

If you keep it well fed, they shouldn't nibble. I have had one for a few months in my reef and all is good. No nibbling and he is eating mysis, pellets, and algae.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom