best pygmy angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, what are your opinions on the best pygmy angelfish for my 29gal fowlr? The only other fish in it are a pair of ocellaris clowns.

My favorite atm is the lemonpeel (centropyge flavissima) but I've read they aren't hardy at all and basically shouldn't be bothered with... any thoughts?

IMO the coral beauty is the most hardy. As you mentioned the lemon peel is not quite so hardy.

What about one of these as they are usually under 4": Centropyge acanthops, C. argi, Centropyge flavicauda, and Centropyge aurantonotus. There are other, more expensive ones available.

How hardy are the bicolor angels, I'm torn between the coral beauty and it.

Coral beauty, Lemon peel, and Bi-color are all equally as hardy.

I love the lemonpeel too! I'm actually hoping to get one that's if my lfs happens to acquire them anytime soon...
The flame is beautiful as well, and said to be relatively hardy. Other hardy species are coral beauty, cherub, and flamebacks.

Innovator said:
Coral beauty, Lemon peel, and Bi-color are all equally as hardy.

are you speaking from experience?

s.xo said:
I love the lemonpeel too! I'm actually hoping to get one that's if my lfs happens to acquire them anytime soon...
The flame is beautiful as well, and said to be relatively hardy. Other hardy species are coral beauty, cherub, and flamebacks.

yeah they are charming fish, let me know how things go if you do end up getting one :) flame angels are nice but that will be too much orange in my tank...yes i care.

i dont think any of them will be ok in your tank, you only have a 29 gallon tank thats the minumum size for most angels as they do need some room to swim so if you were ever to get one you wouldnt be able to keep it happy for very long thats just my opinion tho im sure others would think differantly

Yes, I am speaking from experience. I agree with Jarrett, which is why I brought up the true pygmy's under 4".

Back
Top Bottom