Best way to clean rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utilation

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I had a piece of live rock with an encrusting orange sponge on it and it ended up dying so I caught in time before it crashed my tank thank god, anyways how can I get it off and know that it isn't producing anymore ammonia and when it will be good to put in the tank again, I let it dry out for a day then sit in a bucket with Ro Di water and a powerhead to get some stuff off and the water ended up being all orange. I was trying to scrub it off with a rough scrubby pad but doesn't seem to be working well, anyway how can I know when to put it back in what's the best method to get rid of the die off on the rock?

If it's really stubborn to get off I will try using a wire brush and then give it a good rinse with RO or some of your old tank water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll have to give it a try is there anyway to know that it won't release ammonia in the water, or would I have to make fresh batch of saltwater and let it sit in there then test it?

Back
Top Bottom