Bi-Colour Angelfish not eating?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I purchased a Bi-Colour Angelfish a little less then a week ago but he hasn't been accepting food yet. At first I thought he would in a couple day's be he hasn't been eating. He (Or she) has been sticking to the back of the tank. He will come out every so often but he stays to the back. He has been pecking algae off my rocks though. How can I get him to feed?

Pellets and flake food

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

He won't pay attention to any of them. When I come over to the tank to feed him he sticks to the back of the tank.

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

Try frozen mysis shrimp. Or other frozen foods

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It may be a stress factor. 40g seems a bit small for that fish. It may be quite uneasy and feeling claustrophobic.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Any way I can calm him and make him feel a little more comfortable? Or should I call it quits and bring him back to the store?

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

I have frozen foods but I feel as though I'm not preparing them properly... Could you give me a step by step procedure on how too?(sorry this is stupid)

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

I have frozen foods but I feel as though I'm not preparing them properly... Could you give me a step by step procedure on how too?(sorry this is stupid)

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

I always use a small 2x2" Tupperware container. Scoop out a little water and drop the frozen food in it. After it melts, drop it in the tank.

On the other side of things, I would probably try to exchange it for a more suitable fish for that size tank. Hopefully the LFS will take it back and they didn't say it would do great in your 40g.

I don't think the tanks to small. If those are the dimensions in the ops signature than the angel should be fine.
Did you see it eat at the store?

No it's the only time I haven't which was a bad call. I was in a huge. Rush

40 gallon FOWLR
48 x 13 x 17
1 - Ocellaris Clownfish

I don't think the tanks to small. If those are the dimensions in the ops signature than the angel should be fine.

I wasn't reading the physical dimensions just the 40 gallon.

Hmm yeah I'd definitely try the frozen. If that doesn't work then you may need to do live at first

Also may depend on the type of pellet an flake... I went to my aunts the other day an she was feeding a real general freshwater flake to her saltwater fish... They were eating it but I told her it was geared towards a specific type of fish.

garlic live mysiss ,frozen never try to introduce a new fish with pellets and flakes angels are hard to get to eat this is why many of them die from starvation , this is a good example of why QT is important , so you can be sure he is eating and is healthy Qt also helps a fish to overcome stress that fish in one week has seen more stress than it has in it's whole lifetime between the distributor the pet store , and you bringing it home , angels are very fragile fish when stressed but once they are acclimated they can be very hardy

How did he do? I know this post is old ...but did he end up eating?

Back
Top Bottom