bio-balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dramsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a wet-dry filter system. The box holding my bio-balls came unlodged from where it was sitting. It was below 2 filter pads and above the water in my sump. Now it is sitting in the water. The balls are about 50% submerged. Is this a problem or should I try to fix it? And believe me it will be a pain to fix.

Bioballs will remain functional under water, although they get better performance in a wet/dry situation. Keep a close eye on your ammonia/nitrite levels for a couple weeks.

Would you consider your tank understocked, fully stocked, or overstocked?

dskidmore said:
Bioballs will remain functional under water, although they get better performance in a wet/dry situation. Keep a close eye on your ammonia/nitrite levels for a couple weeks.

ITS A LONG STORY BUT UNDERSTOCKED RIGHT NOW

dramsfan said:
dskidmore said:

ITS A LONG STORY BUT UNDERSTOCKED RIGHT NOW
I wouldn't worry too much then.

As Seaham pointed out, you might not need the bioballs at all if you have enough live rock, but I wouldn't want to just yank them all at once either. They're undergone a shock, I'd give the tank a chance to recover before starting to gradually remove bioballs.

Back
Top Bottom