Bio cube stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callum15soccer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone
Im going to be starting up a saltwater tank soon with 15 Lbs of live rock , a fuge Ans chemi pure .

2 true percula
1 yellow watchmen goby
1 snapping shrimp
1 skarlet cleaner shrimp
2 porcelain crabs

Cuc?????

I know this is pushing boundaries, but I think it should be able to work as long as I do water changes

Do you see any compatibility issues fighting wise and what would you recommend Cuc wise ( snails only )

Thanks

Personally, I think youre pushing it with the 2 clowns in a 14g tank. Some people do it though.

I agree it is pushing it, I think I'll try it and if they don't seem happy I'll return one. Do you see any fighting problems

In a 14g you don't really need much. I'd probably get a porcelain crab, maybe an emerald crab, some shrimp, maybe 6 snails and/or 6 hermits.

I dont wanna take the risk with the emerald crabs as I'm going to have coral
Would this Cuc be ok
2 Nerite
2 ceriths
2 nassaruis
1 turbo snails

I would stay away from turbos. They tend to knock coral over and things all over the place. lol Out of all my tanks I have/had i have had only 1 turbo. :)

Okay so the final stocking would be
2 percula
1 yellow watchmen
1 pistol shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
2 nassaruis
2 nerites
2 ceriths
2 porclein crabs

Would u do anything else and thank you so much for your help

I think it should be ok, just still concerned about the clowns in a 14g but other than that it looks like a reasonable list.

Cuc- I think blue-legged hermits and Astrae Snails are your best bet!

Turbos would be fine I have 20 in my 220 reef and 12 in my 125 FOWLR if they knock over your coral you obviously are not affixing it right.
As for the clowns a mated pair will do fine.
That stock will work if you do weekly water changes.

IMO 2 clowns will be stressed out unless they are already a pair and don't get divorced. Remember clowns are very messy eaters so the bio load would be heavier than it would be with 2 fish the same size. Clowns do fight and the male will need to be able to get away from the female.

Back
Top Bottom